Wattsun is an Arnhem-based scale-up founded by young, ambitious entrepreneurs who aim to make sustainable energy mobile and universally accessible through an innovative battery system. With our innovative products, we create new possibilities for professionals requiring power in locations without access to the electrical grid.
We have a friendly and dynamic team where everyone brings their own expertise, working collaboratively towards achieving results. The atmosphere in our office is informal, and we operate on the basis of equality. As we are ambitious – having been chosen as the best Arnhem-based company of 2023 – and our products assist various companies, no two days are the same at Wattsun. Therefore, we are looking for bold individuals who will help us expand our business and realize our mission. Are you the intern we are looking for?
As an intern Embedded Systems Engineer, you will contribute to the product development of our Wattsun battery systems. You will be part of the engineering team, collaborating with your colleagues on innovations based on our current products. Your work involves creating and designing new product features, mainly programming in C. Additionally, you will participate in brainstorming and innovation sessions, working with the latest technologies. You will work on proof of concepts, build and test prototypes in our own workshop.
What you will do:
- Design and contribute to the designs of new PCBs for the Wattsun product range.
- Critically assess current designs and brainstorm improvements.
- Collaborate with the design team on the product range and accessories, proposing innovative solutions.
- Build and test prototypes.
You are young, but so are we! We are ambitious and want to grow. Therefore, we are looking for a proactive team player with a passion for (battery) technology, who enjoys the work, is eager to learn, and radiates enthusiasm. Furthermore, it is important:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree; major in Embedded Systems Engineering (or a similar field).
- Available for a minimum of 3 months.
- Ambitious and eager to learn.
As an intern, you will have an exciting and challenging role in a flexible work environment where you can learn a lot in a short time. You will be part of a team that strives for innovation, change, and quality, and you will have the opportunity every day to contribute to making the world a bit cleaner.
Additionally, we offer:
- A generous internship allowance.
- A challenging and educational internship with good guidance.
- A clear assignment that we jointly formulate to meet the requirements of your university/higher education institution.
- A workplace with fantastic people in an inspiring location near the center of Arnhem.
- Wattsun is growing rapidly: there is always the possibility of more opportunities after a successful internship.
We do not appreciate acquisition regarding this vacancy.